Research activities encompass different topics of RFID applications to business processes, with a particular stress to Business Process Reengineering, feasibility study, hardware and software technologies.
The focus is on RFID application in the food, retail, logistics, Courier Express and Parcel (CEP), cold chain and pharmaceutical supply chains.
Joint research activities are carried out with world wide know RFID laboratories, such as:
| ||Institute Of Automation - Chinese Academy Of Sciences|
| ||Georgia Tech Research Institute|
| ||HKUST - Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Hong Kong|
| ||Information Technology Research Institute - University of Arkansas|
| ||LogDynamics Lab - Universität Bremen|
| ||LIT Korea - Pusan National University|
| ||Research Center for Food Distribution and Retailing - University of Florida|
| ||RFID Lab|
RFID Lab is member, and one of the founders, of the Global RF Lab Alliance (GRFLA)
Prof. Antonio Rizzi, together with prof. Bill Hardgrave (University of Arkansas) and prof. Bernd Scholz-Reiter (University of Bremen) are the proposers of the “International Journal of RF Technology: Research and Applications”, a new scientific journal that will be issued quarterly starting from 2008 by Taylor & Francis. The journal will strive to provide an outlet for RF-related research focusing on the use of RFtechnologies to improve businesses.
Prof. Antonio Rizzi is a member of the Organization Commettee of the MIT Academic Convocations.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Bottani, E., Rizzi, A., (in press), Economical assessment of the impact of RFID technology and EPC system on the Fast Moving Consumer Goods supply chain, International Journal of Production Economics, special issue RFID: Technology, Applications and Impact on Business Operations
- Montanari, R., Rizzi, A., (2007), A new challenge in the pharmaceutical supply chain, European pharmaceutical review, 2, 103-108
- Bottani, E., Rizzi, A., (2007), The impact of RFID and EPC Network on bullwhip effect in the Italian FMCG supply chain, Proceedings of the 4th EU RFID Academic Convocation, March 13-14, 2007
- Bottani, E., Volpi, A., (2006), A SCOR model-based methodology to assess the potential impact of RFID technology on logistic processes, Proceedings of the RIRL 2006 - Sixth International Congress of Logistics Research, Pontremoli (Italy), September, 3-6, 2006
- Bottani, E., (2006), The Italian perspective of traceability, Proceedings of the II CIGR Section VI International Symposium on Future of Food Engineering, Warsaw (Poland), April, 26-28, 2006
- Bottani, E., Rizzi, A., (2006), Perspectives for sustainable business processes through RFID technology, Proceeding of the IV Global Conference on Sustainable Product Development and Life Cycle Engineering, São Paulo (Brazil), October, 3-6, 2006
- Rizzi, A., (2006), La tracciabilità nel settore alimentare, un'analisi critica, Logistica Management, 166, 85-98
- Montanari, R., Volpi, A., (2006), Logistics Optimization and Supply Chain Management through RFID in the Italian FMCG Industry: a Research Roadmap, 3rd RFID Academic Convocation, Beijing (China), October, 29-30, 2006
- Rizzi, A., (2005), La tecnologia RFID a supporto di Security e Safety, Security & Safety Management, 1, 17-19